Monday, November 08, 2004

The weekend...

The past weekend was dedicated to Murphy. (of Murphy's Law fame!)

Made a trip to New Jersey to attend an alumni event of my undergrad university. The trip went off well, though there were multiple things on the trip that went wrong!

Left Hanover on Saturday early morning (after 4 hours of sleep) to go to the venue via Jersey City. Since I took the train from Jersey City, I reached on time. However, my friend who had the car didn't make it till the fag end because he missed an exit on the way. (Murphy at work)

The party was great. Had a wonderful evening mingling with pple from school (there were people who graduated as far back as 1965). Met a bunch of alumni who worked at different firms on Wall Street and as always they offered to help me in learning more about the career I am hoping to pursue. There was a good DJ with Hindi music. So, we danced like it was Music Nite again :).

After the party ended at 11:30 pm, one of the senior guys offered to give me a ride if I waited for half an hour. The half an hour stretched into over 3 hours since there was an afterparty. I was the baby in the afterparty. So, I learnt about the wild times these people had during their time at Pilani. Finally, I landed at 3:30 at a friend's home but there was nobody answering the door (Murphy at work again). Thankfully another friend who lived across the street had someone walk in just then and I managed to catch a few hours of sleep.

The next morning, I found that the wrong contact number for the friend who was to give me a ride back. So, after paying my respects to Murphy again, I took a Greyhound back to Hanover. The optimist in me is happy to have gotten lots of sleep on the bus :).