Thursday, October 28, 2004

New York City

Yesterday - I finished my first term exams at Tuck (at 2:00 am!) and then left for New York at 10 am (after missing the 8 am bus because I slept through the 6:30 am alarm!!!)

It is my first visit to New York City. First impressions are lasting impressions - and I think I like New York. Am already comfortable with the subway system. The city is organized like a grid and that helps pple who are visiting.

We have been doing some visits to investment banks. The visits have been interesting so far - and the people we have met all have captivating stories to tell us (for most part!)

New York reminds me a lot of Mumbai (Bombay). Everybody is going about life with a purpose. Nobody has a minute to spare - except when you ask for directions! 10 years ago, I had planned to live and work in Mumbai for sometime because I love the city. I wouldn't mind swapping that for New York. Details on NYC visit in next blog.