Sunday, September 26, 2004

Work Hard.. Play Harder ?

The much awaited Decision Sciences mid term came and went :) I think it was okay.

Excel is something I have been fiddling around with for sometime now - thanks to the work I did. But just over 4 years ago - Excel was an unknown animal for me. When my first boss expressed his unhappiness about the fact that an assignment he had given was taking longer than he expected (coz of my lack of Excel knowledge), I remember telling him that as a computer science graduate, I was more familiar with building a tool like Excel than using it! But today, if I want to write some code, I would rather write VBA on Excel than write stuff in C.

With the exam and some rather time consuming Accounting stuff behind us, we were ready to take on the weekend. Friday night was the Mexican party. Viva Mexico. The party was good - but I didn't last there too long :). When a friend wanted a volunteer to drink some Tequila, I went along. And before I knew it, my mouth was at one end of a funnel while tequila from a bottle was poured at the other end!! It was good. And in 20 mins, I chose to return to my room and think about ways to bring about world peace - with my eyes shut. Go figure!!

Today morning, I wolfed down a full packet of potato chips with a fatty cheese dip to go. It worked ;-). That gave me the wherewithal to do my time at the gym. Elliptical trainers give you a good cardio workout without impacting the joints. So, from the last couple of weeks, I have stopped using the treadmill in favor of an elliptical trainer.

After spending a better part of the afternoon doing a take home exam on Analysis of General Management, I went off to a section party. First stop was a place 10 miles away from campus. Beautiful location, lovely house. Generally had a good time. Second stop (3 hours after first stop) was this mindblowing place called 'The Grotto'. It was INSANE. A huge house. An indoor swimming pool with a jacuzzi that changes colors, a chandelier that rotated. Fully furnished - and the inmates were paying a tad higher for the place than I did for my dorm room. Next year, I am gonna find a *good* place for myself.

Tomorrow is the Outdoor club hike to Mt.Cardigan. The weather promises to be good. So, I am looking forward to it. As I get more comfortable with the academic load, I have decided to participate in the club activities in a bigger way.

The study group coasts along beautifully. As a set, we are loosening up a little. In fact, some of my study group friends may even be writing guest columns on this blog. Watch out for those! After all, Tuck is synonymous with team work.

Finally, all you pple reading this - feel free to comment. It is anonymous and it is FREE. Everybody with a mind has an opinion, and you have a right to make your opinion known.