Friday, September 03, 2004

Orientation Week - almost over....

Orientation week is almost over. We have had classes in Ethics, Communicating Across Cultures, Time Management and almost 50% of the time devoted to career management.

Spent a nice day trying to put up a roof for the Habitat For Humanity at Wilder,VT. I have always been interested in being an active member of the community I am part of, and look forward to doing more such activities. This particular initiative was organised by the Allwin Initiative. They seem to be doing some cool stuff. That evening we had a dinner where Mr.Jim Allwin spoke very eloquently about the need for good corporate citizenship. Milton Friedman may have different views, but I would rather agree with Mr. Allwin.

Last night we had a random dinner. The people at Tuck amaze me continuously. There was this guy who played on the NCAA as a basketball player. Pple who have lived and worked in so many different countries. We went to a Japanese stakehouse. I liked what I ate - Tepayaki Chicken.

My study group is gathering momentum. I think it pretty much rocks. Accomplished people with no egos makes for a great combination.

This morning we had a very inspiring talk about how to get your dream job. Drawing a balance between money, life and family can be quite a challenge I realize. But sometime during the next 2 years I hope to make the hard decisions.

Tonight we have a dance and dinner. Am wondering whether the Amitabh Bachchan dance will cut ice with the elite here :) - or should I stick to the few tango steps I know. Decisions, decisions.. all the time!