Thursday, August 12, 2004

The tide turns...

Last evening I got out of the rut! Went to my ex-office to meet up with old friends. It felt good. I learnt so much during the four years I worked there. Had a shot of caffeine at office with my former boss. And another with a couple of friends at Barista on MG Road. Catching up felt good - the more things change, the more they remain the same :)

Then I went over and got my suit fitted. The tailor seems to have done a good job. I kind of liked the way I look in the suit. The suit cost me an arm and a leg - but I think I deserve it!

Then the scene shifted to Sue's Food Place - a nice Caribbean restaurant in Indiranagar. Had dinner with a couple of good friends. It was just over 6 months ago the three of us started a dance workshop in Bangalore. The dinner was part farewell to me, part commemoration of the dance workshop and part welcome to the member of the trio who had just returned from the US.

Once I was home, I saw this mail about Outward Bound II in my mailbox. Almost 60 fellow Tuckies will be part of this! That is 25% of the class :). My second year link mailed in to say choosing to go on Outward Bound was a good decision. As a totally outdoorsy person, I am looking forward to a wonderful week of sailing in the Maine bay.

I need to whip my resumé into shape. A hedge fund internship is what I want to do next summer. Of the Tuck'05's I am in contact with, a surprisingly large portion are in private equity, private investment and investment banking. While these are all very fancied and difficult to land internships, hedge funds are supposed to be even tougher to get in and will probably require me to do a search outside of normal campus recruitment. There is a '05 who is with a quantitative arbitrage hedge fund. Once he is back on campus, I plan to get some guidance from him.