Thursday, August 12, 2004

Leaving Bangalore - the blues.....

It is slowly sinking in. The thought that I will be leaving Bangalore soon. It is not the first time I am leaving my city. But, this time it is different. When I left home to study at BITS, Pilani 8 years ago, I was just out of high school. I was going there with a few of my best friends. And it was very much in India.

Will I be back here in 2 years time, 5 years time, 10 years time ? I don't know. All I know is that this city is my home and this is where I want to come back. The city will be different a few years later. I will be different then. The people who matter to me will be different. But, that is life!

Yesterday I bade goodbye to people at office. I was there for just 3 months. But, it felt like I was working there from a long time.

The morning was spent listening to John Denver's 'Leaving on a Jet Plane' in a loop :). Till a fellow Tuckie cropped up and told me NOT to listen to it. He was feeling totally sentimental about leaving home too. It helps to know I am not the only person feeling this way.

The next few days, I plan to savor every moment I spend here. Will be meeting tons of good friends. A vain effort to clutch on to time. There is some shopping left. But, I don't feel upto it.