Sunday, August 15, 2004

Memories...

As I go about cleaning my room - I chance upon lots of legacy stuff. Greeting cards wishing me my 25th birthday, greetings cards wishing me a farewell at my workplace of 4 years. They join the bag that holds memories :)

"Spend each day trying to be a little wiser than you were when you woke up. Discharge your duties faithfully and well. Step by step you get ahead, but not necessarily in fast spurts. But you build discipline by preparing for fast spurts... Slug it out one inch at a time, day by day. At the end of the day -- if you live long enough -- most people get what they deserve." - Charlie Munger

For almost 2 years, a printout of this was on my cubicle, inspiring me. Then it disappeared for over a year till I found it this morning. I read it a few times. Now I am ready to slug it out, one inch at a time, day by day by day. And I am actually looking forward to it!!

Each day is becoming busier than the previous. The to-do list grows longer. My schedule becomes more inflexible. The pace is turning from frenetic to frantic! The last time I had a dinner at home was almost a week ago! I am looking forward to the 90 minute flight from Bangalore to Mumbai becoz it will give me some time with my mother.

My seniors tell me to catch up on sleep before coming to Tuck because the first two terms are really hectic. And here I am, averaging 6 hours of sleep for the last 1 week!!

How I wish there are 48 hours in each day!!