Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Weekend etc..

The past weekend we had a wonderful desi party at a friend's house. There is a huge desi population this year - so the gettogether was a nice opportunity to meet everybody under one roof (invariably we run into each other every day - nevertheless).

On the work/life front, it is pretty much more of the same thing. Company presentations, classes, studies. Clubs are a new element thrown into the mixture. On Saturday evening during the Club fair I signed up for almost 10 clubs. Now I need to decide which of them I plan to participate actively in.

Finance, Investment Management, Technology and Squash are clubs that attract me. I hope to do some Ice Hockey and Outdoors too. While most clubs have their meetings in classrooms (typical size 70 people), the Hockey club has the first meeting in the auditorium that accomodates 300 people! It is more like a cult here. Since I have never skated before - I hope to be part of the Tripods.

This morning a few of us had lunch with the Academic Dean. Every week the Dean has lunch with a bunch of students to understand how things are going. Of course, we could always have lunch with him otherwise too :) - since most faculty members have the breakfast/lunch at the cafeteria and are happy to chat up with you.

A mid term exam and a final exam are scheduled for this week. My preparation level is not as good as I would like it to be. But, it is difficult to balance priorities. I am investing a lot of time into polishing my resume and zeroing down on what exactly I want to do.