Sunday, April 24, 2005

148

Pounds is what the scale said I weigh. And that is a whole 4 pounds more than what it said in early March. When I look closely at myself in the mirror, I can easily put a finger on where all that weight is going!! Now I realize it wasn't a great idea to stop working out.

So, the new fitness regimen will consist of daily workout sessions - but I won't be doing any cardio exercise. I will rely on my thrice a week squash sessions to compensate for that.

On the study front, life continues as ever. I am planning to take on an additional mini course about Doing Business in South East & Central Asia. The set of speakers lined up for the course is interesting. Topics covered include dealing with corruption. I just hope I am not biting off more than I can chew.

Started studying for the CFA Level II exam. The exam is on June 4th and I am probably the last candidate to start studying. My aim is to get done with the studying by mid May and devote time after that for taking mock tests. If I actually pass the exam, I will be extremely surprised.

Between now and early June, I want to do at least a two hikes in the beautiful countryside. The Appalachian Trail actually runs through Hanover and I have done just one hike so far. I also want to go kayaking on the Connecticut river at least once before we break for the summer.

Here I am on a Sunday evening working on a proposal to run TuckStuff for next year. TuckStuff is a student run, school owned business. Our team has 5 students and 2 partners. We have a bunch of ideas to drive sales and increase profitability. We are competing with 3 other teams for the rights to run the business. Watch this space for the results!