Saturday, February 12, 2005

Super bowl, Lunar New year....

There hasn't been much happening over the last couple of weeks. It has been the routine of classes, study group, going out to local hang-outs on weekdays and party on weekends.

The super bowl last weekend was the first super bowl I ever watched. I enjoyed the game and the commercials. Since it was the first time I actually sat down to watch a football game, a friend had to explain to me the rules of the game. Now I know what a blitz is!! The commercials were lacklustre compared to last year (I saw last year's commercials online). Fortunately, the marketing professor did not cold call us and ask us about the commercials!!

Last night we had the Lunar New Year party. Good Chinese food, a lion dance, some fortune telling and 'games'. I even got my name written in Chinese and Japanese. If I decide to go to Japan on an exchange program, I now know how my name is written :)

The fortune telling session was hilarious. The fortune teller (a classmate who lives on the same floor as me) stared intensely at people's palms and said profound stuff. She told one guy 'You are a player!'. She told me that I would get married in my mid 30's and will go through a string of heartbreaking relationships before I finally get married! Another guy was told that he will have lots of money and won't need to work hard for it :)

Today in study group, we had some left over fortune cookies from last night's party. We were wondering whether we will get more credit for our case analysis if we incorporate the lucky numbers on the fortune cookie paper slip. Any thoughts ?

The more I read about behavioral finance, the more fascinated I am by the subject. Next year, I will probably do some faculty directed study in the area.

In just over a month's time, I will be done with the term and will be off to India!! I am eagerly looking forward to the trip. I just realized it has been the longest time I have been away from home :). The sights, the smells, the food, the people. I miss everything so much!!