Monday, January 10, 2005

Back to school...

It has just been 3 days since school started. Feels like it has been ages! The weekend didn't seem to help much. I already feel so much behind in terms of classwork :(

Friday night was the 80's party. I had no clue on what to wear for an 80's party. A friend suggested that I wear something I would normally not wear. He was so spot on! I wore blue jeans, an ORANGE shirt and a crumpled turquoise polynosic shirt. When I looked at the mirror I thought I was a tropical bird :). The party was fun with people going to various lengths for the authentic look. I returned early but the pics told the tale of what a wild party I missed.

I need to ramp up preparation for job interviews, but I just can't bring myself to do it. Opted out of an investment management interview because I didn't like the prospect of living in Salt Lake City, UT for the summer. Hopefully this will allow me to sharpen my focus for interviewing.

Haven't been going to the gym regularly and feel a bit guilty about that. But, I did do some grocery shopping over the weekend and got myself another 48 pack of Snickers! If you create the supply of calories, the demand will emerge. Atleast, I hope that will happen!

Since all my calories should not be supplied by bars of Snickers, I also got myself a huge bag of pistachios. 24 servings per container is what the bag says. How can somebody stop munching on pistachios!! I think 8 servings is more appropriate. Oh yeah, I chose pistachios because they are healthy. Compared to cashewnuts, each serving has almost 20% Daily Value of Copper, Vitamin B-6, Thimin and Phosphorus as also significant percentages of Iron and Vitamin E. The label says the Percent Daily Value of fat per serving is 20%, but I am sure it is a typo. It is actually 2%. Trust me on this.

Trivia - One of my study group member's name on the ice hockey team is Free Leis. No. Don't say it out loud!