Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Snow ball..

Saturday night was Snow Ball.

Guys and gals, all were dressed in their best. 9 out of 10 women were dressed in black. Looks like they all bought their dresses at Henry Ford's boutique - "You can have it any color, as long as it is black!". Needless to say, they all looked fantastic.

We had a small pre-party. Fruit punch mixed with Everclear?. If Absinthe is bad, Everclear is worse ;-). After some conversation, the preparties converged at the main hall. The decorations were fabulous. The oil paintings were replaced with pictures of professors making faces (I appreciate the holiday spirit in which they posed for these pictures!). There was an enchanted forest with love seats and consumables ;-). Good music, nice lighting effects and the party rocked.

In each party, I am exposed to something new. This time it was the ice luge. A christmas tree shaped ice sculpture with ridges along the top. Shots are poured along the top and you stick your mouth to the ice and drink off it. Jagermeister and peppermint schnapps were the choices. I went with the peppermint schnapps since I was told it was less potent! I very much enjoyed the experience.

This was followed by lots of dancing. The night was still young when I left at 1:00 am. I had had my share of fun and called it a day!