Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Breast implants!

No. I am not getting them. But, they were the centerpiece (sic) in a crisis communications case we did this morning. The professor took a medium profile implant (so said the packaging!) from a box and thrust it into my hand. I had no clue what was happening. And then, I got cold called!! So, here I was, red-faced, fiddling around with this bag of silicone gel trying to rack my brains to enumerate the problems Dow Corning faced.

The discussion was extremely funny (though the topic was a serious one!). The funniest part of class was when the professor wanted to identify customers for the product. 'Women' said somebody. Peals of laughter followed. Cancer patients. Silence. People who work in certain industries. Roar of laughter. Subsequently, midway through the discussion, the professor said "People who got impants had a huge problem". I am not sure it was intentional - but for the class, there were no two thoughts about it and everybody was rolling in laughter again.

Along the way, we learnt a thing or two about crisis management!