Sunday, April 03, 2005

Back to Hanover!!

After a whirlwind trip to India, I am now back to good ole Hanover. What a difference 2 weeks of time makes. The winter is gone, and spring is here. The day before I left for India, we got 12 inches of snow, and now there is not an inch on the ground. The temperature is a warm 50 F and everybody is energised by the change of seasons.

The trip to India was extremely satisfying. I met with tons of friends and got together with family. I was so busy that I couldn't meet many people I had planned to meet and couldn't even speak to some people I wanted to speak to. My friends were all extremely accomodative and I was meeting people for breakfast, lunch and dinner!! There were times when I got in the morning knowing fully well what I was doing at each time of the day. And I was on VACATION!!

Now that I am back in Hanover, and the jet lag is behind me, I can only reflect on the wonderful time I had there and savor them till I return.

Back at Tuck, life has quickly become hectic. Coursework is in full flow and the partying goes on. Last night we had the Latin Party. Brazilian Caipirinhas, Cuban Mojitos, Mexican Tequila and Puerto Rican Rum. Oh yeah, how can I forget the ice luge! Wicked stuff!!

Yesterday I played squash after a month long break. I hope to start on tennis lessons at Dartmouth next week. Right from the time I watched Martina Navratilova and Hana Mandlikova play the Wimbledon finals, I have wanted to play tennis. This term is dedicated to becoming fit. When in India, friends and family had different opinions to offer on how I looked. Some people said I looked 'athletic', some said I had put on weight in the right places and some said I had become 'fat'. Next time around, I want some consensus!