Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Bangalore...

Apologies upfront for not updating this blog as frequently as I should be. Life has been HECTIC. Accordingly, this post is going to be short.

The wedding in Delhi was fabulous. Fantastic location and elaborate arrangements I had never seen before. The spread was delectable and I wasn't even able to sample everything on offer. I wore a full turban ( a personal first!). Someday I am going to learn how to tie one myself.

The next day I trekked down to Gurgaon and walked through a few malls. The speed at which urban India is embracing malls surprises me. Night I flew into good ole Bangalore. There is no place like home!

The last few days in Bangalore have been super hectic. Have been trying hard to catch up with all my friends. It is hard. Did a quick trip to Tirupati. Was rewarded with a nice darshan. Did a ton of shopping for food stuff I don't get back in Hanover. Also been shopping for clothes. Have been dining at a different place every evening. To date, I am pleased with the way I have managed my schedule. Another 4 days and I can relax for the period of the journey. Of course, I am wistful that the trip is already ending. Will I be listening to 'Leaving on a jet plane' again in a loop on Sunday? I hope I don't have the time to do that, though the sentiment will definitely be there.

The intensity of the last week is unparalled. Tiring though it has been, I am very happy that I made this trip back. The day I step foot in Hanover, I will begin preparations for my next trip back!!

Finally, if I haven't managed to speak to you yet, please pardon my sloppiness and send me a mail/give me a call. My digits remain the same and end with 70364. Au revoir.